One daily habit can change your life! Does that sound like a huge promise to make? When making lifestyle changes, everyone promises you that one simple change can change everything.
While those promises rarely ring true, we’re here with a simple habit that really does have a profound impact on your health and wellness.
Why Amla is a Key Daily Habit for Health and Wellness
Perhaps you have never heard of amla before. The Indian gooseberry, also known as amla, is a fruit that has been popular in India for centuries and hailed as an ancient cure-all.
is a small fruit that looks like a miniature green grape. It grows on the evergreen amla tree in Asia and has been used for centuries as an ingredient in Indian cooking, Ayurvedic medicine treatments, and even just by itself!
As a powerful medicinal plant (Emblica Officinalis, if you're interested in the Latin name), the Indian gooseberry can be eaten raw or added to drink recipes, along with used as tea, juice, or powder.
It has a bitter taste to it and is often sweetened with honey when added to drinks - this makes for an interesting drink that's been popular in India since the beginning of time!
But the real power of the Indian gooseberry is in its incredible power as medicine and a superfood.
Amla Really is a Superfood
Together, this antioxidant activity and vitamin C content make Indian gooseberry fruit a fantastic way to boost immunity and improve resistance to indigestion, colds, cases of flu, skin issues like acne or rashes.
Add in amla's natural antifungal and antibacterial products, and you have a truly powerful plant-based medicine.
In fact, Indian gooseberries are so powerful that they've been shown in some cases to outperform popular antibiotics!
Another area where Indian gooseberry excels is in fighting high cholesterol and blood pressure.
For cholesterol, Indian gooseberry has been shown to reduce LDL ("bad") cholesterol while increasing HDL (the "good" kind), which is why it's generally considered to be an excellent heart health supplement.
For blood pressure, Indian gooseberry has been shown to lower systolic and diastolic pressures significantly in patients with hypertension or high blood pressure.
The only downside to amla is that it has an extremely bitter taste, so we made it our mission to “bottle” this super fruit into a delicious, easy to absorb powder called Amla Green.
Add Amla Green to Your Daily Routine!
Usually, when we are trying to be healthier, we are asked to remove things. In fact, it’s quite common to get a list of things that you should remove from your life to live better.
We’re here with the best news! We’re not encouraging you to give something up. Instead, we want you to add something to your daily routine and we have a few tips for you to consider:
- Enjoy a morning cup of tea! - Have you ever started your morning with a hot cup of tea? Starting your morning with a cup of Amla Green Hibiscus Tea can be a simple habit change that can have lasting effects! Amla green includes Amla berries and Amla berries are a powerful medicinal plant and the most powerful whole food antioxidant ever discovered. Scientific research has shown that amla berries have a dramatic impact on cholesterol, blood glucose, and blood pressure.
- Include a scoop of Amla Green Regular in your overnight oats! - Do you enjoy a bowl of overnight oats in the morning? What if you could change those up slightly by adding a scoop of Amla Green and get exponentially more from your breakfast? Amla Green has been proven to have a great impact on healthy glucose levels! Talk about the perfect way to start your day!
- Include a scoop of Amla Green in one recipe a day! - Meal planning your day means eating a variety of foods. Adding a single scoop of Amla Green to one meal a day can have huge health impacts. Amla Green is filled with antioxidants! The health benefits of antioxidants are varied, ranging from reduced oxidative stress to improved cardiovascular health to improved brain function, and when it comes to antioxidant activity, amla is king.
More Recipes Ideas for Amla Green
Want to make this change even easier? We’ve put together a few recipes for you to try. These recipes include Amla Green and keep all your favorite flavors! Even better, these recipes are easy to prepare and packed with nutrients! There’s just something so good about an easy recipe that also packs in all the flavors you love. Check out three of our favorite recipes:
Curried Red Lentil Soup
- 2 cups red lentils, rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth (homemade or low-sodium)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 jalapeño or serrano pepper, seeds removed, diced (optional - this brings a lot of heat!)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 scoop of Amla Green
- Place red lentils and water (or vegetable broth) into a large pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add sweet potatoes, celery, carrots, garlic, ginger, Amla Green, and spices (and pepper if you want it spicy!). Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until lentils and potatoes are soft.
- Stir in cilantro and lemon juice.
- Transfer half of the soup to a blender and blend until smooth, or use an immersion blender to blend approximately half of the soup, leaving some texture and chunkiness.
- Serve and enjoy! Top with freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
Sweet Fire Dressing
- 1/2 cup plain oat milk (or any unsweetened plant milk)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard or spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 scoop Amla Green Regular
- Combine the plant milk, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, mustard and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Stir well and serve.
- 1 cup cooked farro
- 1 tbsp lime juice (or 1/2 lime)
- 1 tbsp Mexican spice
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup corn frozen
- 1/4 cup salsa use your favorite heat level
- 1/2 bell pepper or hot pepper
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup low sodium black beans
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1 scoop Amla Green Regular
- Add lime juice, Mexican spice, and cilantro to cooked farro and combine well. Place the farro mixture into a bowl.
- Around the farro place corn, pepper, onion salsa, and black beans.
- Stir everything together before eating.